Is erlang too small?

Vlad Dumitrescu vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED
Mon May 10 13:41:40 CEST 2004

From: "Einar Karttunen" <ekarttun@REDACTED>
> In my opinion the real problem is not so much technical, but
> organisation of documentation. Currently if I need some functionality,
> it is quite hard to find it. Of course this is a nonissue for
> people with many years of experience with the library, but it
> makes things harder for newbies.

I agree too, and would also like to bring up the issue of all the small utility
functions that lie outspread through the different applications - the worst is
that many of those applications aren't in the standard libraries. There have
been improvements, and some utilities/improvements found their way into the
standard libraries, but there's still work to do.

The above sounds a little negative which I didn't intend, so I want also to add
a token of appreciation for the OTP team. Thanks!

No library is ever perfect and there are always things that startle newbies.
Don't be afraid to ask here - this lists' members are very helpful. I remember
someone complained we are too helpful, as people get help here instead of hiring
consultants ;-)

/Vlad