ex11 + ssh X11 forwarding

Hal Snyder hal@REDACTED
Fri May 7 16:27:48 CEST 2004

Joe Armstrong <joe@REDACTED> writes:

> I have totally rewritten the Xauthentication routines :-) and use
> unix domain sockets now.

Joe you are a wizard and a rabble rouser what with UBF, ex11, your new
army of middlemen, and so many other interesting creations.

I am still plodding along absorbing the ideas from the last couple
brainstorms. Specifically, the latest ex11 downloaded seems to have
trouble when going through an ssh-forwarded connection. If I open an
xterm and ssh to a remote host with X11 forwarding enabled, I can run
xeyes and emacs-with-X and such, but ex11 is no go until going back to
manually specified DISPLAY of my workstation and xhost +remote_host
back on the workstation.

ssh to remote_host with X11 forwarding enabled gives you DISPLAY in
the remote session of remote_host:13.0 or such.

ISTR talk of a fix for this. Is there one, or are there hints where to
start digging re xauth and such?