UBF and asynchronous communication

Ulf Wiger ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Wed Mar 24 06:47:12 CET 2004

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 22:50:54 -0500 (EST), Edmund Dengler
<edmundd@REDACTED> wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> In reviewing the UBF items from Joe's website, it looks like the entire
> system is premised mostly on the basis of synchronous communication, with
> a server being the only component that can send asynchronously.
> Basically,
> it appears that UBF cannot talk about concurrent communication events (or
> essentially, substates) or asynchronous sends.

One of my current (background) projects is to try to address this.
Another item I'm looking into is how to offer full support for the
semantic tags (currently, they are only specified in UBF(A), but I want
to be able to specify high-level types in UBF(B) using such tags.)

I give no guarantees that the effort will actually result in anything. (:

/Uffe
--
Ulf Wiger