Windows XP and erl5.3 error

Rudolph van Graan rvg@REDACTED
Sat Mar 20 07:52:50 CET 2004

I have previously done exactly this:

1. Made a new root directory [ROOTDIR]
2. copied the erts-5.3 directory and sub-directories into this (Only
bin is needed I think)
3. In ROOTDIR\erts\5.3\bin edited the erl.ini file
Bindir=c:\\ROOTDIR\\erts-5.3\\bin
4. In ROOTDIR\erts\5.3\bin edited the erl.ini file Rootdir=c:\\ROOTDIR
[Replace the %ROOTDIR%]
5. Copied all the LIB directories to ROOTDIR\lib
6. Made a Bootscript for the system --> mine is
ROOTDIR\releases\1.0\start.boot
7. in ROOTDIR I made the following batch file to start everything up:

	erts-5.3\bin\erl -boot releases/1.0/start

8. If you want to use the standard erlang boot script you need to point
the above command to it and make sure that you have access to all the
libs.

I had some issues with the R9B wanting to access to registry all the
time, but in R9C the .ini file was added that solved these issues I
think.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Rudolph van Graan