gs Font parameters

Robert Balogh baloghrobi@REDACTED
Mon Mar 15 13:36:59 CET 2004

Hi,

I'd like to ask you, how possible to find out the width and height
parameters of the font which is used by the gs? I know I have to read the
doc, I did it but it is not clear for me :-(

The doc. says this for find out the type of the font:
2> gs:read(G,{choose_font,{times,38}}).
{times,[],38}

But I dont know the name and size of the font which is used by the gs...:-((
And it is not clear for me why is need the font for find out the used font?

Can anybody answer it?

thanks for the help,
/Robi