distributed node in linux

Bjorn Gustavsson bjorn@REDACTED
Mon Mar 15 11:34:09 CET 2004

That was probably a patch that we rejected because it broke
test cases on some other platforms.

Unfortunately we don't always have time to explain why we reject
a patch, let alone fix the problems ourselves.

For the R10B release though, the TCP/IP configuration code has
been rewritten to be less magical. By default, the native name
lookup routines will be used, but there will be a DOCUMENTED way
to override the defaults using configuration files (but the new
way will not be compatible with the old undocumented way to do it).

/Bjorn

klacke@REDACTED writes:

> On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 08:57:28AM +0100, Torbjörn Törnkvist wrote:
> >
> > I belive that Magnus Fröberg did send out a patch for this
> > problem many months ago. Don't know what happend with
> > it though...
> >

> Yeahh, and I sent a patch for it last spring. Uhhhhhh :-(
>

> /klacke
>
> --
> Claes Wikstrom                        -- Caps lock is nowhere and
> http://www.hyber.org                  -- everything is under control

This communication is confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you believe this message has been sent to you in error, please notify the sender by replying to this transmission and delete the message without disclosing it. Thank you.

E-mail including attachments is susceptible to data corruption, interruption, unauthorized amendment, tampering and viruses, and we only send and receive e-mails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses or any consequences thereof.