OSS (was Re: Stand Alone Erlang)

Peter-Henry Mander erlang@REDACTED
Fri Mar 12 13:51:18 CET 2004

Thanks Mike.

I've cast a feeler email on the subject to my bosses. They've been
receptive to the OSS idea until the "suits" came to play, and that was
when the dreaded "intellectual property" argument was put on us.

I agree wholeheartedly with you all; ideas don't grow unless they're
shared. Put ideas in a sealed box and they wilt like any living being
would. Send ideas to the Pastures of the Minds and they grow strong and
agile.

I don't think anyone else besides the suits need any convincing here.
But they're the ones with the money today. I hope that tomorrow we'll be
the ones with the money!

Pete.

--
"The Tao of Programming