Problem installing Yaws was: Re: Problem installing Erlang on Gentoo

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin@REDACTED
Fri Mar 12 12:48:53 CET 2004

Hello.

Thanks for the help.

snickl@REDACTED wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Mar 2004, Jimmie Houchin wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I am attempting to emerge erlang on my Gentoo server.
>>It is a dual Opteron.
>
> This looks like "the same old problem" (TM) ;)

Ahh!   or should that be   Ugh!  ?  :)

> Gentoo tells the erlang configure the host-type given in make.conf
> (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu in your case).
> But the erlang configure does also autodetection on the host type,
> which may result in something different (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu here).
>
> One result goes into the Makefiles, the other one into the
> directory names for the compile output, if they don't match, bang!
>
> The workaround is to find out what erlang configure has autodetected
> for your hostname and to set CHOST accordingly while emerging erlang.
>
> In plain english: CHOST=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
> Of course, you will want to change it back when finished.

Okay. I temporarily changed my make.conf.

It is working. Glad is was so simple to solve.
Now to the next problem. It creates problems with Yaws.

I get this error with Yaws due to this issue.

./configure --prefix=/usr/local
checking host system type... Invalid configuration
`x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu': machine `x86_64-unknown' not recognized

checking target system type... Invalid configuration
`x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu': machine `x86_64-unknown' not recognized

checking build system type... Invalid configuration
`x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu': machine `x86_64-unknown' not recognized

checking for erl... /usr/bin/erl
checking for erlc... /usr/bin/erlc
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking whether gcc needs -traditional... no
checking for a BSD compatible install... /bin/install -c
unknown
configure: error: Non-supported target OS!

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Jimmie Houchin