Stand Alone Erlang

Joe Armstrong joe@REDACTED
Thu Mar 11 11:35:59 CET 2004

     ****       I did't know I was a Prof :-)

> What is the state of Stand Alone Erlang? Which is the latest version of Erlang that can used with SAE? This tool will be ideal for delivering our testing tool and emulated product for external use.

Good question - I don't know.

It was written for R9X when X < C - and I handed it over to /// - the idea
was that it sooner or later would creep into the main distribution.

It actually gets built in

    /usr/local/lib/erlang/erts-5.3/bin

But I havn't tested to see if it still works

The windows bit definately does not work.

Try it and see.

The documentation on

   http://www.sics.se/~joe/sae.html

Should still apply.

Let us know what happens.

As an aside I have made "tea-Bag" Erlang - this is a stripped R9C
(ie throw away as much as possible) and just keep just the stuff you need.

I need a minimal system to distribute to a few hundred machines (planet lab)
and have made teaBag for this purpose.

If there is any interest I can make it available.