distributed node in linux

SEUNG BONG HAN seungbong_han@REDACTED
Tue Mar 9 19:44:30 CET 2004

Thanks.
I looked at the kernel/src/inet_config.erl file and find out that

            case Type of
                unix_sv ->                      % UnixWare 2.1.2
                    case inet_db:add_rc_list([{lookup,["native"]}]) of
                        ok ->
                            true;
                        {error, Reason} ->
                            error("can't set lookup to native: ~p", [Reason])
                    end;
                freebsd -> %% we may have to check version (2.2.2)
                    load_resolv(filename:join(Etc,"host.conf"), host_conf_freebsd);
                'bsd/os' ->
                    load_resolv(filename:join(Etc,"irs.conf"), host_conf_bsdos);
                linux ->
                    load_resolv(filename:join(Etc,"host.conf"),host_conf_linux),

My Gentoo/FreeBSD is using /etc/nsswitch.conf instead of host.conf.
For linux box, I just add /etc/host.conf file and FreeBSD box, I had to modify the code.
Now, I have distributed nodes!!

regards,

Chandrashekhar Mullaparthi <chandrashekhar.mullaparthi@REDACTED> wrote:
The same problem exists on Mac OS X as well. We have this in our
~/.erlang

inet_db:add_rc_list([{lookup, ["native", "file"]}]).

cheers
Chandru