How to do table lookups? (fwd)

Vance Shipley vances@REDACTED
Wed Mar 3 22:34:36 CET 2004

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 04:18:09PM -0500, Edmund Dengler wrote:
}
}  Actually, I have no real issue with the low level handling of the receives
}  myself (most of the apps have been fairly straight forward). I find using
}  the guards to block reception of messages in the receive queue quite
}  useful as a model. As far as I understand, the above does not block
}  inbound messages that would fail the test (or does it?). Ie, I would still
}  receive the next message in the queue, and if it is not the one I want, I
}  still have to put it someplace for processing later.

True.  It handles the system messages for you but you have to handle
the rest of the messages in the order it gives them to you.  If you
needed to pull out higher priority messages you would need to implement
your own behaviour.

	-Vance