Erlang.NET

Mickaël Rémond mickael.remond@REDACTED
Thu Jun 24 09:27:10 CEST 2004

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 16:58:31 +1200 (NZST), Richard A. O'Keefe
<ok@REDACTED> wrote:

> Eric Newhuis <enewhuis@REDACTED> wrote:
> 	Microsoft Research just announced [Erlang.NET].
>
> 	No they didn't.  I toy with you.
>
> 	But what if that existed?  What would the implications be?

I think this could speed up the adoption of Erlang by adding direct access
to a huge amount of libraries.

This is a good middle term research projet, I think. It could be an
extension of Hipe, generating .net bytecode instead of native code ? I do
not know however if the execution approach of .net bytecode fits well with
Erlang one.

It could be interesting to see how it fits with Microsoft Messaging system
called Indigo.

--
Mickaël Rémond
  http://www.erlang-projects.org/