slimmed down make install (no sources)

David N. Welton davidw@REDACTED
Wed Jul 28 17:31:04 CEST 2004

I'm building Erlang for a slimmed down system, and it occurred to me
that it might be nice if Erlang were to provide the option of not
installing everything including sources and examples.

Something along these lines:

release_spec: opt
	$(INSTALL_DIR) $(RELSYSDIR)/include
	$(INSTALL_DATA) $(HRL_FILES) $(RELSYSDIR)/include
	$(INSTALL_DIR) $(RELSYSDIR)/ebin
	$(INSTALL_DATA) $(TARGET_FILES) $(RELSYSDIR)/ebin

release_spec_extra: release_spec
	$(INSTALL_DIR) $(RELSYSDIR)/src
	$(INSTALL_DATA) $(ERL_FILES) erl_parse.yrl $(RELSYSDIR)/src
	$(INSTALL_DATA) $(INTERNAL_HRL_FILES) $(RELSYSDIR)/src

with everything else modified accordingly.  Or would that be too much
work and I'm the only one who would find it convenient?  Right now I
have a shell script that erases all that extra stuff, but it seemed
tidier to perform this operation in the install, maybe even making the
installation of the sources/examples an extra step (make install_sources?).

Thankyou,
--
David N. Welton
davidw@REDACTED