ejabberd 0.7 released

Alexey Shchepin alexey@REDACTED
Tue Jul 13 15:15:50 CEST 2004

Hi!

I would like to announce the new stable release of ejabberd 0.7.

Release highlights:

    * Support for LDAP authentification
    * Subscription and xml:lang processing updated to latest xmpp drafts
    * Support for HTTP Polling
    * Support for web-based administration interface
    * Added command-line administration utility "ejabberdctl"
    * Support for history management in MUC rooms
    * Support for "/quote" command in IRC gateway

Upgrading from ejabberd-0.5:

    * Formats of some DB tables are changed, and ejabberd-0.7 will
      convert them during startup.  This can lead to slower first
      startup after upgrade.

    * Access rules for mod_muc and mod_register now should be specified
      explicitly, i.e. replace

        {mod_register,   []},
        {mod_muc,        []},

      with

        {mod_register,   [{access, register}]},
        {mod_muc,        [{access_admin, muc_admin}]},

      Check documentation and ejabberd.cfg.example for other new options.

I18N:

    There are few translation files in src/msgs/ directory.  If you're
    using ejabberd and you would like to provide the translation file
    for you native language, please contact me.

http://ejabberd.jabberstudio.org/