A DSP task in Erlang ?

Corrado Santoro csanto@REDACTED
Tue Jan 20 17:44:20 CET 2004

Quoting Massimo Cesaro <massimo.cesaro@REDACTED>:
> Nice. I'm developing an audio conference with N pars in the conference.
> To keep up with the RTP streaming rate, I must sum from 3 to 8 packets
> (my lists) in less than 10ms. Afterward, I have to subtract for each
> part its own source, basically to cancel echo, and stream everything
> back on the network.
> This should be done agan in less than 10 ms, so the total processing
> time should be lower than 20 ms.
Very interesting application!

> I'm concerned of  what happens if and when the garbage collector kicks
> in.
..uhmm, I can only say what happens in Java: everything is suspended!!
For this reason there is a real-time specification for Java that does not
consider the use of the garbage collected heap.

> Anyway, I'm just starting to test this approach as well.
Cool. Let us know your results!

Bye,
-Corrado

Eng. Corrado Santoro, Ph.D.

University of Catania - Engineering Faculty
Department of Computer Science and
Telecommunications Engineering
Viale A. Doria, 6 - 95125 CATANIA (ITALY)

Tel: +39 095 7382364           Fax: +39 095 338280
     +39 095 7382365
     +39 095 7382380

EMail: csanto@REDACTED
Personal Home Page: