A DSP task in Erlang ?

Massimo Cesaro massimo.cesaro@REDACTED
Tue Jan 20 17:03:32 CET 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 17:05, Heinz Eriksson wrote:
> I did not think it through, but I think you are looking for
> parallel list comprehensions (not directly supported in
> Erlang).

Yes, the parallel list comprehension would be fine.
On a wide range of signal processing applications this could be really
useful.

> See how parallel list comprehensions expand in Haskell
>
> http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/5.00/set/parallel-list-comprehensions.html
>
> And for zipn in Erlang see:
>
> http://www.erlang.org/ml-archive/erlang-questions/200207/msg00066.html
I checked it before posting, but I wonder about using it to do nearly
real time processing.

I'm trying to do audio conferencing from RTP streams, thus timing is
critical...

> I don't know about execution time.
>
> /hz
Massimo