ANNOUNCE - graphics package

Taavi Talvik taavi@REDACTED
Tue Jan 20 12:23:32 CET 2004

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Joe Armstrong wrote:

> > The parent-child-sibling organisation of Xwindow maps neatly into
> > processes. If ex11 can become a concurrent set of loosly coupled
> > Xwindows mapped as processes, I reckon that designing new widgets will
> > become easy enough not to require a huge library if canned widgets
> > that we generally see in most windowing environments.

> Yes - this is *exactly* how I'm building things. The only problem is
> garbage collecting the windows and graphics context etc when you
> kill the windows.

I had similiar problem - garbage collecting destroyed gtk+ widgets,
when implementing yet another erlang-gtk+ binding with pipe driver
(http://home.uninet.ee/~taavi/files/erlang/xgs/).

Erlang Driver Toolkit raised same issue:
http://www.snookles.com/erlang/edtk/edtk-1.0/doc/FAQ.html#foreignptr

best regards,
taavi