ANNOUNCE - graphics package

Vlad Dumitrescu vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED
Tue Jan 20 11:19:51 CET 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Luke Gorrie" <luke@REDACTED>
> How about hacking an Erlang UI that lets us do things in a new way?
> Certainly sounds like a job for Joe to me :-)

I think it's a great idea. But for us mere mortals, that are somewhat stuck with
the currently available paradigms, it would be nice with a regular UI too, may
that be graphical, or text-based. At least for starters :-) Something all new
would have a very steep learning curve, and I become easily short-breathed...

I was thinking about directly interfacing Erlang to Emcas (as some previous
postings hinted at) and Luke's implementation of an Emacs rpc server got
slightly improved. It works, I can call ELisp functions from Erlang, and get the
answers back. But there should be a higher-level interface, to reduce the
traffic which slows down things a lot.

/Vlad