Supervision Trees - A Beginner Writes

Gordon Guthrie, BTP, BT, SE gordon.guthrie@REDACTED
Fri Jan 16 17:40:01 CET 2004

Bengt Kleberg wrote:

> here we have 2 emacs (gnu-emacs and gnu-xemacs). i use none, but upon
> inspection i found that xemacs has an erlang menu with ''skeletons''.
> the one for supervisor says maxr 0, maxt 1.
> which means that if you have more than 0 restarts during the last 1
> second your supervisor will terminate all the child processes
> and then
> itself.
> if you have the same skeleton (haunting name, is it not?) try
> and change
> these values. maxr should surely be more than 0 for the case you have
> previously described.

That's working fine now (especially as I have replaced my homebrew timeout
nonsense handled by call_info with normal gen_server timeout behaviour).

<Boggle>Gosh, it is easy to write a supervision heirarchy with OTP, isn't
it?</boggle>

Gordon

Scottish Enterprise Network
http://www.scottish-enterprise.com

Address & Contact Numbers

150 Broomielaw
5 Atlantic Quay
Glasgow
G2 8LU.
Tel:  +44 (0)141 248 2700.
Fax:  +44 (0)141 221 3217

message is sent in confidence for the addressee only.