Mnesia table changelog

Leon Smith lps@REDACTED
Sat Jan 10 19:31:25 CET 2004

I want to be able to set up a Mnesia table so that it has CVS-like
functionality.   I want to be able to go back and see what the table
looked like at any point in time.     I need fast access only to the
recent past,  I don't need fast access to arbitrary points in time.

Also, for auditing purposes I'd like to be able to associate other
pieces of information about the change,  such as who made the change.

I saw the checkpointing feature, but it doesn't sound appropriate to
what I want to do.   What would work well would be a changelog that
records the old and new values for each change to the database.  I could
do this on an ad-hoc basis at the application layer,  but I'm curious if
Mnesia already has functionality I could leverage.

best,
leon