time syncronization in erlang cluster

Per Hedeland hedeland@REDACTED
Sat Jan 10 23:54:12 CET 2004

Ulf Wiger <ulf.wiger@REDACTED> wrote:

>My fingers ran ahead of my brain there. There was a wholly different
>reason why we started messing with the TZ variable: keeping an up-to-date
>timezone file when delivering to all corners of the world, and doing
>it with Solaris patches, is simply not feasible.

"Works for us" (minus Solaris patches:-). The zone files don't change
all that much these days I think, and you just might do new releases
anyway and be able to slip updates in. Of course one file isn't enough,
you need a whole bunch of them...

> We chose to let the
>operator define the desired timezone through a web page,

Just curious: Do they get to define it in "useful" terms like "DST
starts on the last Sunday in March at 02:00", or via actual dates? (The
latter meaning that they need a calendar handy and have to change it
every year.:-) Maybe better reply off-list since this is now *way*
off-topic.

--Per Hedeland