Maps anybody

Chris Williams chris.williams@REDACTED
Thu Feb 26 12:04:02 CET 2004

>       - what are the most common formats for digital maps?
There are quite a few depending on company delivering them ;-(
Navigation systems(Digital charts etc..)  are usably compliant to a system
called ECDIS defined by IMO(International Maritime organization)
http://www.imo.org/

>       - where can I obtain detailed free world/regional maps?
Kazza is quite a good place for finding navigational charts ;-)
Sorry to say I do not know if you can find world maps there ;-(
//Chris
On Thu, 26 Feb 2004, Joe Armstrong wrote:

>   Does anybody know anything about digital maps?
>
>   I would like an outline map of the world - just a list of vectors.
>
>   Also, can anybody know the answers to the following questions?
>
> 	- what are the most common formats for digital maps?
> 	- where can I obtain detailed free world/regional maps?
> 	- where are the formats specified
> 	- is there any Erlang code to parse/transform/plot map data?
>
>   Why    do   I    want   this?     -   I've    joined    Planet   lab
> (http://www.planet-lab.org/) and  soon Erlang  will be running  on all
> planet lab nodes - and I'd like graph the performance of the system on
> a world map.
>
>   /Joe

This communication is confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you believe this message has been sent to you in error, please notify the sender by replying to this transmission and delete the message without disclosing it. Thank you.

E-mail including attachments is susceptible to data corruption, interruption, unauthorized amendment, tampering and viruses, and we only send and receive e-mails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses or any consequences thereof.