Erlang + Forth?!?

James Hague james@REDACTED
Tue Feb 24 04:11:14 CET 2004

> Ok what about Forth, the forth has the tiny interpreter (talking >about a few bytes). I have had a project
>that has been in my mind for years. That  is to rewrite
>the erlang runtime system in forth

Oddly enough, I have thought about this as well.  It is relatively
easy to write a machine code generating, optimizing compiler for a
subset of Forth.  You get some big wins when it comes to writing an
emulator, such as tail recursion and very lightweight subroutine
calls, plus you can test interactively.  This kind of application is
what Forth is perfect for.

I've written a few mini-forths in Erlang.  It would be interesting to
take one all the way through the optimization stage.

James

This communication is confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you believe this message has been sent to you in error, please notify the sender by replying to this transmission and delete the message without disclosing it. Thank you.

E-mail including attachments is susceptible to data corruption, interruption, unauthorized amendment, tampering and viruses, and we only send and receive e-mails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses or any consequences thereof.