Subject: Re: So now all I'd like in Erlang is...

James Hague james@REDACTED
Tue Feb 24 04:11:13 CET 2004

Björn Gustavsson wrote:

>I don't see the point with having a tiny implementation.
>
>Most important for our customers are stability and
>speed. If that makes the implementation more complex
>(and it does), that's OK.

I agree that speed and reliability are important, and I am in awe of
the speed of the current emulator.  But I also think that Erlang
could better evolve, and we'd see more experimental changes to the
language outside of Ericsson, if there was a smaller, cleaner
implementation of the language.  As it stands, the Erlang runtime is
pretty difficult to hack, especially without documentation.

James

This communication is confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you believe this message has been sent to you in error, please notify the sender by replying to this transmission and delete the message without disclosing it. Thank you.

E-mail including attachments is susceptible to data corruption, interruption, unauthorized amendment, tampering and viruses, and we only send and receive e-mails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses or any consequences thereof.