gen_tcp:send failing silently

Ulf Wiger ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Mon Feb 23 11:11:55 CET 2004

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 20:46:26 -0500, <fgonthier@REDACTED> wrote:

> I have coded a custom supervisor process to manage the 3 process (I have
> yet to pick up on OTP).  I used link() to link my workers to my
> supervisor,
> expecting the supervisor would receive {'EXIT'...} when other processes
> failed.  I was missing the process_flag(trap_exit, true) call.  Because
> all my processes were linked, when the connection was failing, all my
> processes died without any error...

A later message indicates that you solved this problem.
For future reference, if you spawn your processes using
proc_lib:spawn_link(M,F,A), you will get nicely formatted crash reports
when something goes wrong. This assumes that the OTP application SASL
is running (either call application:start(sasl,permanent) from the
command line or some program, or use 'erl -boot start_sasl')

/Uffe
--
Ulf Wiger, Senior System Architect
EAB/UPD/S

This communication is confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you believe this message has been sent to you in error, please notify the sender by replying to this transmission and delete the message without disclosing it. Thank you.

E-mail including attachments is susceptible to data corruption, interruption, unauthorized amendment, tampering and viruses, and we only send and receive e-mails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses or any consequences thereof.