Erlang IDE (was Re: Eclipse plugin advances)

Francesco Cesarini (Erlang Consulting) francesco@REDACTED
Thu Feb 19 12:12:16 CET 2004

It is worth adding that the effort being put into developing a good
Erlang IDE will pay off with a much much wider user base, so I hope
Eric, Marc and Vlad will keep up the good work.

Emacs is great, but not suited for everyone... Especially when they are
busy learning a new language, the last thing they want to do is to learn
a new editor. A straight forward IDE, lots of clicking and easily
accessible documentation would certainly facitate the task of getting
people to play around with Erlang much more than they are today.
(Certainly a different group of people). Only when they are hooked on
Erlang we can migrate them and get them hooked to Emacs.  :-)

Cheers,
Francesco
--
http://www.erlang-consulting.com