Read terms from the command line (answer)

Martin J. Logan mlogan@REDACTED
Wed Feb 18 20:42:41 CET 2004

I guess that I will answer my own question FYI. The way to convert
strings to terms is in the following manner. This is well documented by
the way:( shame on me. The first thing to do is

{ok, Toks, Line} = erl_scan:string("[[logan], {martin}]. ", 1).

The term should end in a "." followed by whitespace.

erl_parse:parse_term(Toks).

This returns

{ok,[[logan],{martin}]}

beautiful...