Advantages of a large number of threads cf other approaches?

Joachim Durchholz joachim.durchholz@REDACTED
Tue Feb 17 12:35:21 CET 2004

Richard A. O'Keefe wrote:
> Did I mention that Smalltalk-80 has TWO key features?  OO is one, and
> (simulated) concurrency is the other.

That would be interesting news to me - where is the concurrency in
Smalltalk-80? (Not in the message sends - these are synchronous. Took me
some hours to figure that out, texts were quite handwavy about what
exactly happens in a message send - I had to analyze the interpreter
listing given in one of the books to be sure.)

Regards,
Jo
--
Currently looking for a new job.