List comprehension or lists:foldl/3 ?

Shawn Pearce spearce@REDACTED
Fri Feb 13 06:56:10 CET 2004

Which is the more preferred form amongst you hacker types?

	NodeList = [...],
	[erlang:monitor(process, {myserv, N}) || N <- NodeList],
	ok

or

	NodeList = [...],
	lists:foldl(
		fun(N, _) -> erlang:monitor(process, {myserv, N}) end,
		0,
		NodeList
	),
	ok

I'm not concerned about the speed here, as its a startup routine
run once when the node boots.  Even for a very large cluster of
over 200+ nodes (highly unlikely in my application) this would take
no time either way.  This is a preferred syntax poll.

I find the LC easier to read by far.

--
Shawn.

  "... all the modern inconveniences ..."