Hejlsberg on distribution

Ulf Wiger ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Sun Feb 8 18:33:05 CET 2004

On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 16:43:33 +0100, Richard Carlsson <richardc@REDACTED>
wrote:

> Anders Hejlsberg (Turbo Pascal, Delphi, and now C#)
> being interviewed by Bruce Eckel ("Thinking in Java")
> talks about loosely-coupled distributed systems and
> inappropriate abstractions:
>
>    http://www.artima.com/intv/abstract.html
>
> (The other parts of the interview are also fairly
> interesting.)
>
> 	/Richard

Well, one way to look at it is that they're validating
many of the design choices in Erlang.  (:

(My personal reflection is amazement that they talk about
these things as if they were some recent discovery. It's
more like Back to Basics after having pretended that
Everything is an Object and locality doesn't matter.)

/Uffe

--
Ulf Wiger