A "sleep" command without "receive"

Corrado Santoro csanto@REDACTED
Mon Feb 2 10:27:32 CET 2004

Hi all,
I've seen that to wait a timeout the statements I've to use are:

receive
  after T-> ok
end

I've also seen that timer:sleep/1 implements the same routine... but...
I use this timeout in a process that, after the timeout, receives something
from another process. If the sending process sends data before the receiving
process calls timer:sleep, the latter function returns immediatelly, picking
also the message. This is *not* the behaviour I want to implement.

The problem is, obviously, that there is a "receive" statement in timer:sleep
that "steals" incoming messages.

Do you know how to wait a timeout without using "receive"?

Bye,
-Corrado

Eng. Corrado Santoro, Ph.D.

University of Catania - Engineering Faculty
Department of Computer Science and
Telecommunications Engineering
Viale A. Doria, 6 - 95125 CATANIA (ITALY)

Tel: +39 095 7382364           Fax: +39 095 338280
     +39 095 7382365
     +39 095 7382380

EMail: csanto@REDACTED
Personal Home Page: