Dialyzer v1.2.0

Vlad Dumitrescu vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED
Thu Dec 16 20:00:53 CET 2004

> Version 1.2.0 requires Erlang/OTP R10B-2 to work properly. The main new
> feature is that Dialyzer now works on all platforms (no HiPE support is
> required).

Super cool!

However, in practice it still won't compile and start on Windows... The
reason is that all paths in the scripts are Unix-like. Cygwin understands
them properly, but Erlang isn't compiled as a Cygwin application and expects
regular Windows paths.

The first problem is with the link to hipe_icode_type.hrl: erl chokes on it.
I copied the file instead, and commented out the lines that create the link,
because I don't know how to handle this.

The nex problem is when launching dialyzer. I enclosed the definitions
DIALYZER_OTP and DIALYZER_DIR inside a
    `cygpath -m #`
where # is the value created at setup. I don't have a patch, as it's trivial
and you might want to handle the OS dependencies in your own way.

After that, I got it up and running!
regards,
Vlad