basic questions regarding message sequence guarantees...

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@REDACTED
Thu Apr 29 10:06:56 CEST 2004

Anders Ramsell wrote:
...deleted

> I have been thinking of asking about a variation of this question
> myself. In my scenario a process A first sends a message 'first' to a
> process B. After that it sends another message 'second' to an
> intermediary process C. When the process C receives the 'second'
> message and only then it will send a message 'second' to process B.

if A, B and C are on different nodes one can assume very different
transmission delays in such a manner that c-second will indeed arrive
before a-second.

if they are on the same node i can imagine that the message passing is
preemtible in such a way that a-second will not be delivered untila
after c-second. not that such a message passing system would be a good
idea, but it is possible.

bengt