guidance

Thomas Lindgren thomasl_erlang@REDACTED
Wed Apr 28 20:35:45 CEST 2004

--- Fredrik Linder <fredrik.linder@REDACTED>
wrote:

> Imo it is not at all surpricing that you get this
> feeling, especially since processes in fact are
> objects in one sense. Objects that has a thread of
> execution within them, so sending messages between
> two processes could be viewed as one object using
> the other.

Note furthermore that erlang processes are more
general than ordinary objects: the response to a
message can change by using gen_fsm or multiple
receives inside a single process. In a class, you have
one set of method implementations per method name. In
a process, the response depends on which receive you
(or which state) you are in.

The closest correspondence to this in OO, that I know
of, is "predicate classes".

Best,
Thomas