using erlang to sniff network

Mickael Remond mickael.remond@REDACTED
Wed Apr 28 10:42:28 CEST 2004

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 18:59:58 +0200, Matthias Lang <matthias@REDACTED>
wrote:

> Geib, Mark writes:
>  > Is it possible to use erlang to open a network device for
> sniffing...in
>  > order to analyze traffic, etc. I need to see all the traffic on a
>  > device, and I can run as root. This is on linux.
>  >
>  > I want to do something like tcpdump | parser > logfile in a single
>  > erlang program.

You should have a look at the EDTK distribution. This is a tool to write
Erlang driver. It provides several examples and there is a libpcap driver
among them. There are even example on how to use the libpcap driver from
Erlang:

http://www.snookles.com/erlang/edtk/

I hpope this answer your question.

--