Try/Cond

Peter Lund peter@REDACTED
Thu Oct 23 11:26:07 CEST 2003

Richard wrote:
> On the other hand, there are lots of small things that have
> been done with the language by the Erlang/OTP folks in the
> last 5 years since the draft standard, which have simply been
> presented in the "highlights" of each new release, without ever
> being discussed on the erlang-questions list, for better or for
> worse. You have to realise that although being Open Source,
> there is in fact only one full implementation of Erlang, and it
> is  maintained and developed by OTP.

I agree that the OTP team needs to at the end make their "own" deci-
sions about what to include and not to include, since they actually
have to put together new releases of Erlang/OTP. But it is preferable
that also they at an early stage present their ideas for changes to
everyone. If we acheive some good degree of consensus before changing
the language, the risk is reduced that erlang splits up into different
distributions and different dialects at some later stage...

/Peter