gethostbyname/1 on Freebsd

Raimo Niskanen raimo@REDACTED
Mon Oct 20 09:13:26 CEST 2003

Sorry if I am slow, but it is monday morning: what is -CURRENT?

Anyway. It is a bad design now that Erlang (inet_config) assumes which
files should be present based only on os:type(). I you do not have the
files "normal" (how it looked some years ago) to your OS, Erlang's own
name resolver may miss the mark by miles in any OTP release. This is the
main reason we want to rewrite the lot (of the resolving stuff).