Xmerl and DTDs

Ulf Wiger ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Thu Oct 9 11:29:45 CEST 2003

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 13:40:22 +0100, Jorge Manuel Neves Coelho
<jmncoelho@REDACTED> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm using xmerl to process xml documents. I would like to validate
> these documents against a dtd, does any one know if it's possible to
> parse a DTD using xmerl? Or does anyone know another parser that
> is able to do this?
>
> Thank you,
> Jorge

Fredrik has answered about xmerl and validation.

I haven't tried it myself, but Joe Armstrong's xml_lt,
http://www.erlang.org/user.html#xml_lt-2.0,
should also be able to validate, probably a bit more
solidly than xmerl... A worthwhile effort might be to
align the two on the Erlang side, so that you can easily
use both for different purposes.

/Uffe

--
Ulf Wiger