One Million Processes

Garry Hodgson garry@REDACTED
Wed Oct 1 22:24:58 CEST 2003

Vance Shipley <vances@REDACTED> wrote:

> I would like to put together an application for the
> sole purpose of achieving one million processes doing
> something productive.

oh...productive, he says.

> If anyone has any other interesting things they could do with
> an Erlang/OTP cluster I can make it available.

what if one were, say, in the business of running a large IP
network?  and you wanted to be able to generate a reasonably
up to date picture of what it looked like, and how that changed
over time.  could you build something that would fan out over
ip or domain or some other intersting space and determine
relationships, or watch for changes, or explore it in other ways
that would contribute to the overall picture "back home"?

now, that wouild be cool.

----
Garry Hodgson, Technology Consultant, AT&T Labs

Be happy for this moment.
This moment is your life.