One Million Processes

Jay Nelson jay@REDACTED
Wed Oct 1 08:31:41 CEST 2003

Vance Shipley wrote:

 > I'm soliciting suggestions on an application to create.

I am building a similar thing using an OpenBSD firewall
running pf to load balance across multiple nodes.  The
application is a game server and it will create a process
for each move, chat sent, ad or other transaction.  The
whole game will be distributed so that each new request
or interaction can occur on any of the backend machines.

Another application is to have a realtime quote feed that
handles each stock or commodity symbol as a separate
process.  Losing one symbol should not affect any of the
other quotes maintained or the analytics computed on
the quotes.

jay