namespace packages and releases

Hal Snyder hal@REDACTED
Sat Nov 22 18:55:54 CET 2003

Has anyone built a release involving packages?

I get stuck building .boot and .script from .rel:

Here I'm trying to add an application "sample" to a previously working
release of Scott Fritchie's tcpbalance. Relative to the directory
where compilation is happening, the added files are

  ../../lib/org/erlang/sample/
                          sample.app
                          sample_app.beam
                          sample_sup.beam
                          sample.beam

I have tried both bare module names and module names with package
prefix in the .app file. No success with either.

1. What should the .app file look like when using packages? Package
   prefix on module names, or not?

I suspect application names should support package prefixes as well,
but don't know if that's the case.

2. What should the .rel file look like when using packages? Package
   prefix on application names, or not?

So far I have not found a working combination. I am using R9C-0 on
FreeBSD-5.0 btw.

erlc -W -pz ../../lib/tcpbalance/ebin -pa /usr/ports/lang/erlang/work/otp_src_R9C-0/erts/lib
/sasl/ebin -I/usr/ports/lang/erlang/work/otp_src_R9C-0/lib/kernel/ebin -I/usr/ports/lang/erl
ang/work/otp_src_R9C-0/lib/stdlib/ebin -pz ../../lib tcpbalance_rel.rel
{{module_not_found,sample,'org.erlang.sample.sample_app'},
 {'org.erlang.sample.sample_app','$$ignore$$',
                                 sample,
                                 "1.0",
                                 "/usr/home/hal/work/otp/releases/tcpbalance_rel/../../lib/o
rg/erlang/sample"}}