Restricting distributed Erlang to one host

Mickael Remond mickael.remond@REDACTED
Sat Nov 22 15:14:39 CET 2003

* Carsten Schultz <carsten@REDACTED> [2003-11-22 08:43:19 +0100]:

> On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 07:48:20PM -0600, Martin J. Logan wrote:
> > Yeah, have your .erlang.cookie file be unique per host.
>
> Oh, I'm sorry, I was not clear enough in my original question.  For
> security reasons I do not want to rely on cookies for this but want to
> have connections from different hosts being rejected right away.

Another option is to set up your firewall to do the job for you. By
default, epmd is using port 4369. You can set up your firewall to
prevent some hosts to access this port on your system.

Cheers,

--
Mickaël Rémond
 http://www.erlang-projects.org/