Restricting distributed Erlang to one host

Sean Hinde sean.hinde@REDACTED
Sat Nov 22 13:23:49 CET 2003

On Saturday, November 22, 2003, at 07:43  am, Carsten Schultz wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 07:48:20PM -0600, Martin J. Logan wrote:
>> Yeah, have your .erlang.cookie file be unique per host.
>
> Oh, I'm sorry, I was not clear enough in my original question.  For
> security reasons I do not want to rely on cookies for this but want to
> have connections from different hosts being rejected right away.

There is a new kernel application parameter called
inet_dist_use_interface. This allows you to specify the IP address to
bind the distribution listen address to, which should do what you wish.

Sean