Gen_server mesh

Vlad Dumitrescu vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED
Fri Nov 21 12:04:24 CET 2003

Hi,

> Please explain more - what is a mesh?

In the current setup, there is only one Erlang node. The mesh is made of
processes. There is nothing to restrict them to just one node.

I couldn't find a better word than "mesh" to describe that the processes don't
interact in the usual client-server way, but in a more or less impredictible
way. I don't have yet a very clear picture of what the structure looks like, I
just got a problem with a deadlock... Hopefully, I will have something to show
soonish (but DHYB :).

Maybe another way to state my question is: what might give best results - trying
to bring order in the communication and use the usual gen_server, or allowing
the hell to go loose and provide support for it?

regards,
Vlad