Sendfile in erlang

Chris Pressey cpressey@REDACTED
Sat Nov 15 21:00:00 CET 2003

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 12:27:08 +0100 (CET)
Miguel Barreiro <enano@REDACTED> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure whether the proper list is e-questions or e-patches, but
> this is a small patch anyway.
>
> This draft patch adds a sendfile() interface to Erlang.

Yowza!  :)

> Sendfile(2) is a
> system call present in Linux 2.2, AIX 5 and later kernels, and similar
> interfaces are present in recent versions of Solaris and possibly
> other Unices.

Yes, it's in FreeBSD as well.  I've adapted the patch for FreeBSD; it
builds alright, but I haven't had time to test it yet.  I've included it
in an experimental & unofficial port skeleton for Erlang, which can be
found at:

http://catseye.webhop.net/freebsd/ports/lang/erlang/

-Chris