Fancy tools support!

Bengt Kleberg Bengt.Kleberg@REDACTED
Wed Nov 5 07:41:31 CET 2003

Luke Gorrie wrote:
> Allo allo,
>
> I have some late items for the "Erlang wishlist" survey from the other
> month or year. I'd like some new and exciting runtime features for
> doing helpful things in development tools like Distel. Some of this
> might already exist without my knowing it - I'm looking for feedback.

i would like to thank you for all your hard work with distel.
even if you ''only'' build emacs tools, they act as an inspiration for
shell/erlang programs that use stdin/stdout and integrates well with wily.

...deleted

> P.S., the apropos feature could be really good! I learned about
> lists:usort/1 while faking up its output -- the number of times I've
> written that function badly myself while it was right there.....

the person that wrote ''know your libraries'' did not know about otp...

> P.P.S., I can't find the 'xref' manual in the R9C docs, did that
> disappear or am I just overlooking it?

http://erlang.org/doc/r9c/lib/tools-2.3/doc/html/index.html
(i find it incredible that i found this. ever since i started to use
http://www.corelatus.com/~matthias/modules.html my ability to guess
where things are hidden in the erlang documentation has atropofied
tremendously :-)

bengt