Latest Erlang on Mac OS X Panther

Eric Baur ecb@REDACTED
Sat Nov 1 16:43:03 CET 2003

Doh!  I screwed up a one line patch. Impressive. Let's try again.

*** Makefile.in.orig	Sat Nov  1 09:59:57 2003
--- Makefile.in	Sat Nov  1 10:01:08 2003
***************
*** 138,144 ****
   ifeq ($(TARGET),win32)
   LIBS    = @LIBS@ @THR_LIBS@
-L$(ERL_TOP)/erts/obj$(TYPEMARKER)/$(TARGET) -lz
   else
! LIBS    = @LIBS@ @THR_LIBS@ -L$(ERL_TOP)/erts/obj/$(TARGET) -lz
   endif
   ELIB_FLAGS = -DENABLE_ELIB_MALLOC -DELIB_ALLOC_IS_CLIB
-DELIB_HEAP_SBRK

! LIBS    = @LIBS@ @THR_LIBS@ $(ERL_TOP)/erts/obj/$(TARGET)/libz.a

On Oct 31, 2003, at 10:23 AM, Sean Hinde wrote:

> It appears to be failing to find the already compiled zlib included in
> the erts directory structure. This seems to suggest some weird error
> which causes zlib to be compiled in a way which the linker can't use,
> or some weird new compiler stufff in the final linking stage.
>
> Very odd.
>
> Sean
>

> On Friday, October 31, 2003, at 02:33  pm, Micael Karlberg wrote:
>
>> A google indicate that it's defined in zlib (zlib/zutil.h).
>>
>> /BMK
>>
>> Eric Newhuis writes:
>>> Just to keep this thread alive I will say that no, this doesn't seem
>>> be the only problem.  I've not had time to investigate further mostly
>>> due to my indulgence in attempting to get distel working on my
>>> Panther
>>> Mac on R9B-0.
>>>
>>> I do remember that there were some problems copying files during the
>>> make.  And I do remember seeing another target complain about
>>> undefined
>>> z_errmsg.  Perhaps if I knew what z_errmsg is I could take the next