Compiling erl_interface by Borland C++ Builder 6

Kent Boortz kent@REDACTED
Wed May 28 21:01:07 CEST 2003

Serge Aleynikov <serge@REDACTED> writes:
> While trying to build a couple of projects that utilize ei /
> erl_interface in Borland C++ Builder I had to rebuild the
> erl_interface.lib and ei.lib and encountered the following
> incompatibility:
.
.
> 2. --------- *.h -----------------
>
> The __STDC__ test in all header files
>
> #ifdef __STDC__
>
> needs to be rewritten as:
>
> #if defined(__STDC__) || defined(__BORLANDC__)

I found this information in a news message

  __STDC__ is a compiler-defined symbol and is documented in your Borland C++
  help file.

  This symbol is only defined when the compiler is in ANSI "C" mode.  By
  default, the compiler is in "Borland extensions" mode and so __STDC__ is
  *not* normally defined.

Have you tried compiling erl_interface with the compiler in ANSI C mode?

kent