ssl & yaws

Chandrashekhar Mullaparthi Chandrashekhar.Mullaparthi@REDACTED
Tue May 27 02:31:40 CEST 2003

Eric,

We are running  yaws will ssl on Solaris 2.7. It needed a few patches to
make it work. My first attempt at  submitting patches to Klacke
failed...I'll try again. But I haven't seen the problem you mention. Have
you investigated more...Look at the state of the yaws_server process when
this is happening...it might give some clues. Try using pman and dig around.

cheers,
Chandru

-----Original Message-----
From: Klacke [mailto:klacke@REDACTED]
Sent: 25 May 2003 23:20
To: Eric P. Melbardis
Cc: erlang-questions@REDACTED
Subject: Re: ssl & yaws

On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 04:29:02PM -0700, Eric P. Melbardis wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I am using erlang r9b-1/yaws (1.2) in an intel win32 windows/xp
environment.

> I tried to enable ssl support.
> 	- downloaded latest version of opnessl (compiled & installed it)
with vc 7.0 (.net!)
> 	- re-compiled the erlang driver in the erlang library (driver was
compiled for earlier version of
> 		ssl, and the main init symbol was changed.
> 	- configured yaws.conf for ssl operation
>
> i connected to the configured web site using https://....
>
> got the first page, everything ok.
> second page request came back ok, however the werl process started to
consume 100% cpu

> subsequent pages still came back ok cpu remains 100%
>
> so it appears to work ok (in returning pages),
> except for the massive cpu utilization which remains constant after the
> second page!
>
> has any one experienced something like this?
> figured i would ask first, before diving in.....

I'm afraid "diving in" is required. I haven't tested yaws with
ssl in quite some time.
If you find something, let me know.

I think that Sean&Co are running yaws with ssl but i'm not sure.

/klacke

--
Claes Wikstrom                        -- Caps lock is nowhere and
Alteon WebSystems                     -- everything is under control

http://www.bluetail.com/~klacke
cellphone: +46 70 2097763

 NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER: