problem using bif now().

Chris Pressey cpressey@REDACTED
Thu May 1 20:28:53 CEST 2003

On 01 May 2003 09:05:20 -0600
mark.geib@REDACTED wrote:

> > > The problem is this. The following code fragment causes the CPU
> > > useage to continually increase, eventually consuming all the CPU
> > > on the machine.
> > >
> > > {MSec,Sec,MicoSec} = erlang:now(),
> > > Read_time = (Msec*1000000)+Sec+(MicoSec/1000000),

No idea, sorry.  But out of curiousity:
- MSec and Msec are different variables (I assume that's a typo)
- what happens if you use floating point (MSec*1.0e+6) ?

I use bigints fairly extensively and I've never noticed it hogging CPU,
but then again, I've never really looked for it specifically...

-Chris